Business Celebrities Scandals Trending Stories US

Who is GOP Megadonor & Publix Heiress: Julie Jenkins Fancelli Biography, Wiki Age, Net Worth, Family, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit

Who is Julie Jenkins Fancelli?

Julie Jenkins Fancelli is known as an heir to the Publix supermarket fortune who helped to fund the rally that preceded the storming of the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, leaving five dead.  According to a Wall Street Journal article published on January 30, Fancelli reportedly “paid for the lion’s share of the roughly $500,000 rally at the Ellipse,” which former President Donald Trump spoke at.

She also donated about $300,000 to the rally, while far-right web show host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones pitched in about $50,000. The WSJ report says that Fancelli had reached out to Jones about contributing and that the heiress also had a hand in selecting organizers such as fundraising official Caroline Wren.

From the @PublixHelps account on Twitter, the company has distanced itself from Fancelli saying: “Mrs. Fancelli is not an employee of Publix Super Markets, and is neither involved in our business operations nor does she represent the company in any way.

Julie Jenkins Fancelli, Biography Wikipedia

Julie Jenkins Fancelli is best known as the daughter of Florida-based Publix Super Markets founder George W. Jenkins and a member of the Jenkins family. She was born in Lakeland, Florida, and remains there, along with most of her siblings. She met her husband, Mauro, while on a study-abroad year in Florence, Italy, when she was a University of Florida student.

In 2016, sister Carol Barnett, who is worth $2 billion, donated $800k to a campaign to keep marijuana illegal in Florida, according to Broward News-Times.

Julie Jenkins Fancelli Family

As of December 2020, Forbes listed the Jenkins family as the 39th richest in the US, with a worth of $8.8 billion. The family owns 20 percent of Publix, which has more than 1,200 grocery stores across Southeastern America. The other 80 percent is employee-owned, making it the largest employee-owned company.

Julie Jenkins Fancelli Siblings

Founded by her father George, who died in 1996, it is now chaired by his grandson William E ‘Ed’ Crenshaw. Jennifer Jenkins and Howard Jenkins also sit on the board. The company made $38 billion in revenue in 2019, according to Forbes.

Julie Jenkins Fancelli Net Worth

According to the Broward News-Times, the Fancelli family holds no decision-making power at Publix and has no business with the supermarket chain. Yet it had been making as much as $1.7 million a year to vendor Alma Foods, a company Julie Jenkins Fancelli once owned.

After Fancelli exited from the company in 2017, Publix stopped using Alma Foods as a vendor. Publix was the center of controversy in 2018 after the company gave tons of cash to then–gubernatorial candidate Adam Putnam, a strong supporter of the NRA.

Parkland survivor David Hogg held a number of ‘die-in’ protests outside their stores as a result.

Julie Jenkins Fancelli Age

Julie Jenkins Fancelli’s age has not been publicly announced yet. However, she appears to be in her 50s.

Julie Jenkins Fancelli Publix

A Wall Street Journal investigation has found a number of key allies of former President Donald Trump, including Fancelli.

Fancelli, who is a very strong Trump supporter, contacted Mr. Jones and offered to contribute to a January 6 event, organizers said.

Jones reportedly connected her to an organizer through Ms. Wren, who handled the funding as she helped coordinate the logistics of a rally with Women for America First. A Publix spokeswoman said Ms. Fancelli isn’t involved in the company’s business operations and doesn’t “represent the company in any way.”

Fancelli tapped Caroline Wren, a top fundraising official on the Trump 2020 campaign, to organize and fund the rally on her behalf. According to records, Wren and her fundraising consultancy firm were paid $730,000 by the Trump campaign and a joint GOP committee in the 2020 election cycle.

Jones himself also contributed more than $50,000 in seed money to the event in exchange for a ‘top speaking slot of his choice’, according to the Wall Street Journal. She has also donated $525,900 to the Republican National Committee.

Fancelli, who is a very strong Trump supporter previously donated more than $980,000 to the Trump campaign and Republican Party during the last election cycle. She is an heir to Florida-based Publix Super Markets, established by her father in 1930, making her a member of one of the richest families in America.

Leave Your Feedback

Share Your Thoughts

Sponsored Ad