Duke Webb Biography — Wiki
Duke Webb is an active member of the US Army who has been charged with murder after three men were shot dead and three more people were injured in a ‘random attack’ at a bowling alley in Illinois.
Webb was on Sunday charged with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder.
Duke Webb Age
Duke Webb, of Florida, is 37 years old.
Duke Webb accused of ‘shooting dead three men’ at an Illinois bowling alley
The shooting happened just before 7 pm on Saturday at Don Carter Lanes in the city of Rockford about 90 minutes northwest of Chicago. Three men, aged 73, 65 and 69, were killed. They have not been named.
A 14-year-old boy was shot in the face; his condition is described as stable. A 16-year-old girl was shot in the shoulder and released from the hospital. The sixth victim, a 62-year-old man, remains in critical condition after he was shot multiple times.
It is not known why Duke Webb was in Rockford and Police Chief Dan O’Shea said Sunday: ‘We believe this was a completely random act, and there is no prior meeting or any kind of relationship between the suspect and any of the victims in this case.’
According to a statement from the Army Webb is assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), based at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. He was on leave at the time of the shooting.
Police say around 6.55 pm on Saturday, they received a call that someone had opened fire in an outdoor bar area of the bowling alley according to a police press conference given in the hours after the shooting.
What we know so far about Duke Webb
When police arrived, they found multiple victims and the person of interest. Two handguns were also found at the scene.
The bowling alley was closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. The bar, Shooters Bar & Grill, has remained open for outside drinking and takeout. Around 20 to 25 people had been at the establishment when the shooting broke out Saturday.
O’Shea said: ‘The two teenage victims were picking up food. It’s a carryout establishment as well. They were not in the bar area.’
Mayor Tom McNamara said in a statement he was ‘angered and saddened’.
He added: ‘My thoughts are with the families of those who lost loved ones. I’m also thinking of those who were injured and my hopes are with them for a quick and full recovery.’
Webb is being held without bond. He will make his first appearance in court Monday. The chief also noted that the State’s Attorney’s Office is now involved and that no officers fired their weapons during the arrest of the suspect.
Don Carter Lanes posted on Facebook at around 7.20 pm a status saying ‘Pray please’.
Amanda Hollenbeck, 24, was at the bowling alley with her boyfriend at the time of the shooting and told DailyMail.com that she was trapped on the balcony area of the venue ordering a drink at the outdoor bar when gunshots rang out.
‘So my boyfriend and I were legit just ordering a drink… And heard a loud bang I froze everyone else ran.. he grabbed me and then 3 shots also rang out… An older man was shot in the head.. and another on the other side of the tent on the balcony where I was standing got shot as well… It was terrifying. You hear about shootings but to witness it… man it was scary as f***!’
‘I heard a loud bang and froze. I was three steps away from the shooter. If it would’ve been any longer I’d be dead,’ Hollenbeck said.