Anthony Burke Biography, Wiki
Anthony Burke is a 41-year-old Army veteran from Manchester who appeared to be motioning towards the Brazilian footballer, Fred, during yesterday’s Manchester derby.
BREAKING: Man arrested over Manchester derby ‘racist gestures’ named as Anthony Burke https://t.co/Bu3z2ewISi
— Birmingham Live (@birmingham_live) December 8, 2019
The father, who is an ex-soldier, has served in Northern Ireland with the British Army with the Cheshire Regiment. According to his social media account, he is a civil engineering manager at Kier Group.
Anthony Burke Racism News
Manchester United players were targeted with racial abuses and had objects thrown at them by Manchester City fans during the Premier League clash at the Etihad Stadium, Last night.
Fred had gone over to take a corner kick just after the hour mark where he was met by many disgruntled home fans.
The City supporters then began to jeer the United midfielder before beginning to throw objects in his direction – with a couple striking him.
A Manchester City fan was arrested over claims he made monkey gestures at United star Fred said he was not racist and was “putting my hands in my pants”.
Imagine being this much of a racist, thick Neanderthal, and thinking you’d get away with it? We can see you doing your monkey signs & noises, d*ckhead, and you’re going to very quickly wish you’d never done this. #ManchesterDerby #MCIMUN pic.twitter.com/RjO66fTi3c
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) December 7, 2019
Fred had already been struck by a water bottle and lighter thrown by a City fan and was then seen clutching his neck in pain.
Anthony Burke, the racist father, wrote on Facebook last night: “Listen, I’m only racist c*** because I had a screenshot that made me look it”.
“However I am not racist, watch the match half of it was me with me putting my hands in my pants”.
He further added: ‘Bullsh** not ar*** I know the truth and I’ve already made an appointment to speak to the police which I did so think what you like”.
Anthony Burke in Custody
Greater Manchester Police confirmed the racist had been taken to custody, but would not be drawn on his identity. Burke’s ex-partner told MailOnline he was arrested this morning.
Yet Amy, from Wythenshawe, Manchester, said: “He is with the police – he has been arrested”.
“He was arrested this morning. He doesn’t live with me. It’s horrible – I have had death threats and my kids”.
We have been inundated with reports of alleged racist abuse from a number of individuals during this evenings Manchester Derby.
We will be contacting both clubs to offer our support and hope swift action is taken to identify the offenders.
— Kick It Out (@kickitout) December 7, 2019
Kier Group, which Burke worked for as a civil engineering manager, tweeted he has been suspended pending an investigation.
Facts You Need To Know
- The fan remained in the ground for a while but it is unclear if he left or was kicked out.
- Both Manchester City and Greater Manchester Police are looking to establish his identity
- Following United’s 2-1 victory, winger Jesse Lingard tweeted: “Not even this idiot can ruin tonight’s feeling, shameful behavior, it may be the derby but there is never ever a reason to be racist!”
- United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was angry amid the racism in a high-profile game
- Manchester City released a statement after Saturday’s game and stated: “Manchester City FC are aware of a video circulating on social media which appears to show a supporter making racial gestures during the second half of the match against Manchester United this evening”